Web Site Availability and Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances can Ziegler SAAT be held liable for any damages of whatever type or lost profits resulting from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, the Ziegler SAAT website or any of its content.
Data Security, Confidentiality and Legal Professional Privilege
Ziegler SAAT employs State-of-the art antivirus protection and back-up technology for its email communications and data storage.
Email and other communications, including attachments, etc., are confidential and in principle subject to legal professional privilege (“LPP”), considering jurisdictional deviations in relevant rules on LPP, including relevant case law of EU and national courts). Taking into account exceptions applying to LPP, Ziegler SAAT cannot guarantee that no communications and personal data contained in them will ever have to be disclosed.
Site Content and Posts
None of the Ziegler SAAT website’s content and posts can be considered as legal advice or a comprehensive restatement of legal rules applying to the particular situation of your business or organisation. To seek specific legal advice, please contact Ziegler SAAT.
Data Protection / GDPR Compliance
Ziegler SAAT is complying with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) – “GDPR”). This concerns the collection, use processing and disclosure of personal data under the GDPR that Ziegler SAAT obtains from clients, including current, former and possible future clients), as well as personal data received from third parties with whom we are in contact an behalf of clients.
Clients and third parties (data subjects) might provide us with personal data in the context of us acting on behalf of clients. Personal data might also be provided to us through third parties or obtained from public sources. This may relate to names, addresses, contact information and other information needed to provide legal services.
The legal basis for processing personal data is the performance of a contract with a client or to comply with legal obligations (e.g. under anti-money laundering and terrorist financing legislation or any requirements set by any relevant EU and/or Member State regulatory authority), or the necessity under a legitimate interest to provide legal services.
Where our data processing is based on consent, such consent may be withdrawn at any time.
Ziegler SAAT also uses services such as LinkedIn and Twitter which provide general analytical data and personal data (e.g. identification of persons who volunteer to “like” a tweet or click on a LinkedIn profile) which fall under the general user terms and conditions of those services. Ziegler SAAT does not take any responsibility for the privacy terms and conditions of those services as they relate to personal activities of those individuals at Ziegler SAAT signed up to the relevant services. Please direct any queries to the relevant data controller.
Personal data will be retained only as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, as required by law or regulatory requirements, or to exercise or defend legal claims brought against or by Ziegler SAAT.
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, possibly subject to certain exemptions, regarding your personal data:
- to access the data – you may request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- to rectification – you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information, you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you.
- to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you may request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
- to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and you want to object to processing on this ground.
We do not use any personal data for automated decision-making or profiling.
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement from time to time at our sole discretion. Users who use the Ziegler SAAT website after any such change will be deemed to have consented to the current version of this privacy statement and accordingly should review it from time to time.
Any questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this privacy statement and personal data held by Ziegler SAAT should be addressed to Clemens@Ziegler-SAAT.de.